DFM Forums  

Go Back   DFM Forums > Servers and Game Info > Battlefield Series

Battlefield Series Information and discussion about EA's Battlefield games.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:27 PM
DFM Member

DFM DRAGON VALLEY GOLMUD HARDCORE

This server is up and running, with in-game admin active for all DFM members:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...VALLEY-GOLMUD/

Old 12-21-2015, 07:45 AM
DFM Member

This server is now up to 40 tick rate and also has spectate and commanders added.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:01 PM
DFM Member

Poo ,I'm afraid we may have lost some traffic on the server due to a lot of lag the last few times I played. Quite a few other players complained and left after a couple rounds. I was just wondering if there was anything that could be done to improve it. Thanks bro.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:41 PM
DFM Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshokd View Post
Poo ,I'm afraid we may have lost some traffic on the server due to a lot of lag the last few times I played. Quite a few other players complained and left after a couple rounds. I was just wondering if there was anything that could be done to improve it. Thanks bro.
Me RowdyDog72 and Goldhound4 were all experiencing the same lag with the Red Server icon on the right side of the screen

I love Frag Rounds! DBV-12 with Frags FTW
Old 12-27-2015, 05:48 PM
DFM Member

I made some adjustments to limit the number of high pinging players in the server.

Yesterday, we kicked a couple of players whose pings were 65,330 each. I have set the ping limit today at 165.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:14 PM
DFM Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagofPoo View Post
I made some adjustments to limit the number of high pinging players in the server.

Yesterday, we kicked a couple of players whose pings were 65,330 each. I have set the ping limit today at 165.
It not being Caused my high pingers and when ever it was lagging for us everyones ping was less then 100 and the red server icon was showing packet loss

I love Frag Rounds! DBV-12 with Frags FTW
Old 12-27-2015, 06:45 PM
DFM Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDB View Post
It not being Caused my high pingers and when ever it was lagging for us everyones ping was less then 100 and the red server icon was showing packet loss
A combination of factors contribute to the lag/rubber banding. One of which are the high pinging players, of which there were several from various countries that were on last night. Whatever pings players see in game is not necessarily what the server experiences. As a matter of fact, even when players complain about high pingers in the server, I'll take a look in ProCon and sometimes don't see any high pingers at all.

Another potential source of the lag is the water animation on this map, similar to the lag everyone gets in Langcam Dam. I noticed that Banzore stopped running DV as a 24/7 map. It makes me wonder if they had the same lag issue with DV.

Either way, I have set the high ping kicks to start when the server population hits forty-four. If you guys do not see a difference at that point, then more drastic a measures may be in the works.

Thanks for the feedback, Shellshokd and YellowDB!

Old 12-27-2015, 06:58 PM
DFM Member

By the way, was the server lag present when the map rotation switched to either Golmud, CMP, or Rogue Transmission? And how many players were in the server when you all noticed the lag?

Old 12-27-2015, 07:21 PM
DFM Member

for sure players are being lost. I tested the theory that it was a map issue but when I play the same maps on a few different servers I do not have any lag. still not to say it isn't a map/server issue but others are not having that problem (so you shouldn't either).
im having server performance issues. that's the icon of a stack of hard drives and im only experiencing lag when the room is full, if its 3/4 full it seems to be ok.
are these the issues that Caboose-1 was having w/the servers?
Old 12-27-2015, 07:54 PM
DFM Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .OO View Post
for sure players are being lost. I tested the theory that it was a map issue but when I play the same maps on a few different servers I do not have any lag. still not to say it isn't a map/server issue but others are not having that problem (so you shouldn't either).
im having server performance issues. that's the icon of a stack of hard drives and im only experiencing lag when the room is full, if its 3/4 full it seems to be ok.
are these the issues that Caboose-1 was having w/the servers?
This is one of the issues Caboose was dealing with. There were other issues as well.

When BF4 first came out two years ago, the first DFM BF4 server would generate lag when it hit fifty two players. That was a Dallas server. This new server is a Chicago server, so perhaps the threshold for this one may be different. I deliberately did not put any latency control on this server until it became established, as latency control tends to denude the server population initially, but long term it does make it more popular.

Let me know at what player count you all notice the lag to begin, as we'll make every attempt to get it tamed.