DFM Forums  

Go Back   DFM Forums > Servers and Game Info > Battlefield Series

Battlefield Series Information and discussion about EA's Battlefield games.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:57 AM
Administrator

DFM 60hz tickrate up and running

Got our new 60Hz server up and running tonight. All I can say is its awesome, no more crappy netcode getting shot behind corners. Basically it has made it a new game entirely.

Search for "DFM's Hall of Slain 60Hz" in your web browser or follow the link below.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...of-Slain-60Hz/

Old 11-01-2015, 01:38 PM
DFM Member

Really enjoyed the new server. Things ran so much faster and smoother. Thanks Caboose for setting it up!
Old 11-02-2015, 06:28 AM
DFM Member

Yay!!

Old 11-02-2015, 09:30 AM
DFM Member

I skimmed some of your logs when you posted them here before (problems with the previous server), but much of it was either bullshit on the part of the company or technical jargon that was over my head.

Is there a lay explanation for what the problems were before?

What does a 60Hz server mean and why is it better?

I'm happy to hear that things are improved for you all.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
I skimmed some of your logs when you posted them here before (problems with the previous server), but much of it was either bullshit on the part of the company or technical jargon that was over my head.

Is there a lay explanation for what the problems were before?

What does a 60Hz server mean and why is it better?

I'm happy to hear that things are improved for you all.
This video explains it all. It actually improves the update speed, and its awesome!

Old 11-02-2015, 10:19 PM
DFM Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose-1 View Post
This video explains it all. It actually improves the update speed, and its awesome!

BF4 should have shipped and launched with these features. EA/DICE deserves all admonishment for selling such a half ass product at the beginning.

Speaking of launch, this past October (2015) marks two consecutive years of DFM BF4 server operations. When we initiated the first DFM BF4 server in October 2013, it was envisioned support for this game was for only four months. Now, two years later, with Caboose at the helm, DFM's Hall of Slain BF4 server is still going strong.

The original launch crew is mostly inactive now, so many thanks to Caboose and the remainder of the DFM BF4 players for continuing and improving the server!

Old 11-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Caboose...always there to hold the train together!
Old 11-03-2015, 04:30 PM
DFM Member

After playing yesterday, I really didn't notice any difference...what should I be looking for?

I still died the same and I still shot people the same and they died the same.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:22 AM
Douchebag Troll

You're an idiot

I'm aware my friend and I were being immature. But when I got to the point where I actually wanted to talk, all I heard was some guy complaining about kids and the other said "i got a wife and kids, i don't need this". Plus someone said they had and FBI friend that has our ips. I mean ffs are you serious. Couple things. One. Your FBI friend can't find our ips without being in your server. Which you guys made sound like he wasn't. Also, we were on vpns and different computer from where were located. So congrats you caught our local bread Co red handed. Plus it's not an Internet crime you idiot. Vpns are legal, and joining a server with a bunch of 40 year old guys who are ban happy isn't illegal. Sincerely your best friend, Viper <3
Old 11-15-2015, 10:31 PM
Douchebag Troll

Sorry

I'm aware I've pissed you guys off. I do personally think you guys overreacted to the whole banning my friend and I. Just because he put a dick in chat. And I asked why and you gave me attitude when I asked. And it just upset me. I did overreact. But it's your server. And your rules. I should have just listened. I like the fact it was a 60 hz HC 64 person and wanted to be unbanned to play. If you unban me I'll be happy and play without being immature or annoying. But it's your choice. But I will say I will no longer be joining your ventrilo server. I'm sorry for how much I annoyed you. I do think the stuff you did to my account on here was pretty funny though. Plus I'm not exactly sure how Caboose is but judging from what I see on his account, he seems like a pretty decent guy and admin. And no I'm not just trolling to get in and fuck around. Love to play with you guys some time. Good bye, and have fun playing.
- the annoying little shit in your ventrillo server (Viper)