DFM Forums  

Go Back   DFM Forums > Servers and Game Info > Battlefield Series

Battlefield Series Information and discussion about EA's Battlefield games.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Battlefield4 Night Ops work around Download

You have to download it this way. Dice fucked up the download proccess so you have to manually do it

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...0494213842913/

Old 09-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Getting it now. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:00 PM
DFM Member

Thanks for posting the heads up Nick! I would have been really pissed trying to start playing thinking the first patch was the Night Ops patch...

Old 09-02-2015, 09:27 AM
DFM Member

Man it took me 30 minutes last night to figure that out. They could've made it a little easier for dumbasses such as myself! I honestly like regular Zavod better though. I've got to start playing a little more because Blitz Jensen has knocked me off the top 10 players list. (bastard!!!!) jk Blitz. I'm in 11th place now. It had been between me and Confinement13 for weeks but now I have somebody else to try and catch up with!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Administrator

No problems guys! Anytime! Yeah I have been getting knocked down the list a bit too...lol.

So the summer patch completely messed up the way the server uses the presets in the control panel and procon. Go figure... Dice is supposedly working the issue so I wont hold my breath waiting for them to fail again. Until then there is a workaround. Constantly having to set the server to hardcore but we lost the ability to run adaptive tickets on the server. Just waiting for squad to come out and then BF4 can go to a cave somewhere in Pakistan and die a slow death while choking on some third world goat kabob.

This is what I got from talking to John the CEO at NFO yesterday
Quote:
Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:06pm - answered by John
DICE has a history of breaking the way that Hardcore/Infantry/etc work and it is possible that they have done this again. I will have to investigate in more depth to try to find the bug and work around it. This will take some time, unfortunately.

Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:27pm - answered by John
I was able to quickly confirm that this update just straight-up broke the way that presets are handled.

For the time being, it appears that the only way to keep a preset would be to have an empty Startup.txt file with only that preset line set in it (vars.preset Hardcore) -- and to entirely avoid using the "Easy setup" page or 3rd party tools that attempt to change any server variables.

I have reported the bug to EA/DICE.
So with that being said I turned off some of the Plugins in Procon that deal with this and took a few hours today to test out what we can and cant do with a startup file. I think the DICE Devs don't even know what they screwed up because there is nothing in the change log about presets being touched.

As for the server crashing multiple times yesterday that was a separate incident that involved a very sophisticated Botnet that DDOS'd Chicago...Go figure RTR and CMW didn't suffer a thing from it... Will continue to work it and see where we get. I will be out this weekend. Going to Virginia to shoot real guns and blow shit up and burn up like $3600.00 of fireworks! MERICA!!!

Old 09-03-2015, 08:12 AM
DFM Member

Thumbs up

I appreciate all the hard work you put in to run the server bro. It seems like a major PITA....and then all the time you have to put into babysitting the multitudes of trolls and total douchebags that like to visit the server. I would most likely have lost my cool and told everybody to get bent at this point-so in short-thanks Caboose!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Administrator

I am glad we have someone to admin the server. I would ban them all and have an empty server. Just an old, grumpy guy I guess! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
Old 09-04-2015, 03:24 PM
DFM Member

Unhappy Night Operation

I've been trying to download Night Operation for several day's I go threw the hole process on origin but it never gets to the download button, I guess I'm getting to old to do this kind of stuff can anyone please help or at least let me no if my game is compatible running Battlefield 4 I have all the packs that I have purchased in the past but I can't seem to download this one. Thank You.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:36 PM
DFM Member

Talking

OK now I tried it again Night Operation is now downloading sorry for the trouble not Shure what I did to make it work but so far so good.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Administrator

It loaded automatically for me after the patch, but still had to get the manual process above before it worked. Had to crash Origin during the process. Seems to have hung up but working fine now. Should've just called the map FLIRs versus Flares.